Inside My Dance Bag: Nashville Ballet’s Julia Eisen

Julia Eisen in The Ben Folds Project. Photo by Heather Thorne, Taken at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts How many ye...

Julia Eisen in The Ben Folds Project. Photo by Heather Thorne, Taken at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
How many years have you been doing ballet?
I started ballet at age 4, so I’ve been dancing for 23 years now (10 of those years professionally).
What are some roles you’ve danced with Nashville Ballet?
I began dancing at Nashville Ballet in 2010. Since I’ve been here, I’ve danced Lady Fortune in Nashville Ballet Artistic Director & CEO Paul Vasterling’s Carmina Burana and Dew Drop Fairy in Vasterling’s Nashville’s Nutcracker. A few of my other favorite roles have been in JirĂ­ KyliĂ¡n’s Petite Mort and Christopher Bruce’s Moonshine and Sergeant Early’s Dream.
What’s your favorite thing about ballet?
My favorite thing about ballet is the moments captured while you’re on stage. It’s like time has stopped and you’re completely in the moment. You’re sharing something special with the other dancers and the audience that will never be recreated exactly.
What’s in your dance bag?
I use a Lululemon dance bag. Here’s what’s in it:

  • Pointe shoes – I use Freed Classic Maker D. I put all of my pointe shoes (I usually have about six pairs at all times) in a cotton-netted shopping bag.

  • Bloch Pro Elastic ballet slippers


  • Wear Moi skirts

  • TheraBand resistance bands – I keep several different colors in my bag because each one represents a different level of resistance.

  • Balls – There are a lot of great therapy balls on the market, but my favorite is actually a bouncy ball I got at Old Navy about four years ago. Use whatever works for you! I also have a small physical therapy ball with ridges in my bag.

  • Wooden foot roller

  • Black warm-up booties

  • Compression ankle wrap

  • Zap glue

  • Duct tape

  • Second skin

  • Orthopedic toe pads

  • Toe spacers

  • Sewing kit

  • Bath & Body Works peppermint cooling foot spray

  • T-Relief, Biofreeze and Tiger Balm for pain relief

  • Ibuprofen

  • Headphones

  • Perfume – I use Victoria’s Secret Noir scented body spray.

  • Dove deodorant

  • Altoids

  • Phone

  • Bobby pins

  • Nail clippers

  • Water bottle

  • Fruit and energy bars – A couple of my favorite bars are Luna Bars and Kind Bars.
dance begin
on
dance is life
Rating: 4.9

COMMENTS

Name

ltr
item
Dance Begin: Inside My Dance Bag: Nashville Ballet’s Julia Eisen
Inside My Dance Bag: Nashville Ballet’s Julia Eisen
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgRT5AiMUKFotrg1auXMlZQImW1XBbhOGfhH9sa9GhVxU-F0iU8UXdRLo6M6wrc8yuWXEn2DlzljmWPmgxxMgXWdP0KRJe9XxJreggPNTQ_wmpRlIB6-5e1hPtT3IVVMpyfSKDf8LKWq057/s400/Julia-Eisen-in-The-Ben-Folds-Project.-Photo-b.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgRT5AiMUKFotrg1auXMlZQImW1XBbhOGfhH9sa9GhVxU-F0iU8UXdRLo6M6wrc8yuWXEn2DlzljmWPmgxxMgXWdP0KRJe9XxJreggPNTQ_wmpRlIB6-5e1hPtT3IVVMpyfSKDf8LKWq057/s72-c/Julia-Eisen-in-The-Ben-Folds-Project.-Photo-b.jpg
Dance Begin
https://dance-begin.blogspot.com/2017/12/inside-my-dance-bag-nashville-ballets.html
https://dance-begin.blogspot.com/
https://dance-begin.blogspot.com/
https://dance-begin.blogspot.com/2017/12/inside-my-dance-bag-nashville-ballets.html
true
7941340686151778436
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy
url("paper.gif")